Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

70+ - I work retail

Posted: Apr 20th, 2017 - 9:20 pm In Reply to: how about 70+? - anon

At the young age of 69, I had it with transcription. Just came to absolutely hate it, so I went into retail. That was a year ago and now I work 2-3 nights (my choice) a week at Walgreens and don't mind it at all. At first it was hard, and I had 3 jobs in 6 months; one retail, two merchandising, which was a real bugger.

You have to give yourself some time, but you can do it. I am a rather active 70 year old, but have some health issues and have to pace myself a bit, but I am so damn happy to be away from being an MT, it is worth it. I work with all kinds of people, all ages and I do like that. We have very nice customers and they applaud Walgreens for hiring "senior citizens." How can they tell????? LOL.

I think retail is your best bet as far as finding a job at our age. Sad to say, but true and I really didn't want a 32 hour job that considers that part time. I guess being an MT isn't the only job that screws you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)