Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Dragon Professional - JMHO

Posted: Apr 20th, 2017 - 8:54 pm In Reply to: I believe Dragon works best...SM - Old Anon

Edited this morning - it's Dragon Professional, not Premium, as I stated earlier.

I disagree that echo dictation is the best way. Dragon Professional Individual can transcribe a dictator. I have an account that has a single dictator. I have created a profile for that dictator. I push that dictator's files into a directory. Dragon picks them up, processes them into a doc file, and moves both the voice file and the draft to the OTHER directory. I pick them up there, run a macro to format them, and then listen to the voice file and edit them. Then, I run acoustic optimization so that it picks up the corrections I have made. After that, I save the profile so that the corrections are there when I relaunch for the next day's work. MUCH faster than echo dictation. Also about 4x faster than straight typing. (Does not include entries into SmartType, InstantText, or macros - I can usually out-type the echo dictation on the first half of reports on my other account.) If you take the time to set up "favorite phrases" and build the custom vocabulary, it's a hugely powerful tool.

That being said, Pro comes with a feature to allow you to create profiles for yourself plus one. To add additional speakers is an additional cost.

Caveats are that the sampling rate of the recording device has to be high enough to hit the threshold for Dragon. One account is, the other is not. And I'm not ABOUT to ask them to change their settings. :) Also, you don't want to be using the computer when it's processing. It clashes. Hard. But, once you turn on that auto-transcribe feature, it kind of rolls right along, and life is all beautiful and stuff. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)