Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Because I got laid off from...SM - Old Anon

Posted: Apr 20th, 2017 - 11:39 am In Reply to: Why do you work from home? - Anon

my in-house MT job of 9 years when they outsourced and closed the department. I've worked in MT for close to 40 years, both on-sight and from home. I much preferred on-sight because the pay was double what I could make at home and benefits were much better, (although we weren't union, our benefits were as per the union contract). Also, no holidays and maybe a half day every 3rd Sunday, as we all took turns. I really didn't need to work at home because I'm single/divorced and no children still at home. I'm retired now and drawing SS and small hospital pension, so I work part-time at home for extra income (again half what I was making on-sight). So, essentially I now work at home because I have to. There are very few, if any, on-sight MT jobs around here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)