Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

How do you handle a situation like this - Wondering What to Do

Posted: Apr 20th, 2017 - 8:46 am

I know Nuance has OOW procedures that we are to follow when/if we have OOW situations.  Yesterday, while working, I encountered a similar situation where I had no jobs coming through on any of the sites on which I work.  On one site, I had a facility come through which was not supposed to be in my pool.  I sent a Spark message to my OM, who showed offline.  I waited, then after about 5 minutes, I sent her an email., explained the situation, explained that I was getting no work elsewhere and was going to sign in OOW until I heard from her.  Honestly, since this had not happened to me previously I wasn't sure what to do but figured this was the safe route.   About 20 minutes later or so, I rechecked my email and had an email from my OM asking why I felt it was necessary, and how did I come to the conclusion that OOW was what I should do as there was an "abundance" of work and I had "no reason" to sign in OOW and that I was supposed to IM her first.  I responded, reiterating what I had explained earlier, and that I did what I thought was proper procedure.  She answered back, stating "always IM first and never sign in OOW until given permission."

Now, along with questioning every move I make, I'm questioning my OOW procedure.  I thought I had done the right thing but I'm guessing not?   What would you have done?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)