Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

13 hours worked today - Not even minimum

Posted: Apr 19th, 2017 - 10:10 pm

Well, I am putting in applications and looking to get out of this rat race.....worked 13 hours today my rear end and my back and shoulders are killing me, I am so stiff to stand up I can barely walk after sitting this long and made $6.80 per hour... not even my state's minimum wage.  No OT because of IC.  What is worse....getting paid late by your employer making you late on your payments and late fees or not making minimum wage elsewhere.  It is a lose-lose situation.  I was hoping Trump was going to go to bat for offshoring, but I guess I was wrong about a lot of things.

I am going to put in applications for housekeeping/laundry....at least my joints will stay limber moving around, I won't die an early death from being so sedentary, I won't have to know anything, I will be actually paid minimum wage without threat of job loss and paid on time, and I can see my boss face to face...oh and have coworkers that you can interact with unlike being an MT/E, and when I am done with my job it will never follow me home or call me during my sleep time.  That is a win-win situation. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)