Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 58)

2:1 not possible - dictator speed the issue

Posted: Mar 25th, 2017 - 9:13 pm In Reply to: Second Survey: SR production vs straight typing production - Can you do 2:1 or not?

I straight type consistently 250 lph. For SR, with dictators who speak perfectly crisply and clearly at a very fast clip and there are few to no lookups...basically if everything is completely optimal, I can reach between 400 and 500 lph. As we know, perfect dictators and completely smooth reports are very, very few and far between. I more or less consistently hit 350, at an uncomfortably breakneck pace, and often speeding up dictators to the very limit of intelligibility if not beyond it. Most dictators do not speed up well. If employers expect us to be able to make 500 or even 400 lph they are absolutely throwing safety and accuracy out the window. And if they think most of us clock in at the 125 lph straight typing speed that would make 250 double...just, no.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)