Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Things you need to ask re: page...SM - Old Anon

Posted: Mar 10th, 2017 - 7:29 pm In Reply to: WWhat is a good $ amount per page to be paid? - Laney

Ask what size font they require, 10 pt., 12 pt. etc.; ask what the page margins are, top, bottom, and sides. If they want a tiny font, they're trying to jam more words onto the page. Also with smaller margins, they are also trying to jam more words onto the page. Also ask how many lines constitutes a page. Ask if they pay for half pages and quarter pages and what amount of lines constitute the same, or if any amount of lines on a page is considered a whole page. I'm not really familiar with what's a fair page rate; but if the font size, margins, and number of lines appear reasonable, ask them what they are willing to pay. If you could find document of your own using their parameters, do a line count based on 8, 10, and 12 cents per line and see how much you would have been paid for that document. Then you'd have a ballpark figure. As other posters have said, this type of interview typing can be difficult and research heavy, I'd lean toward the higher cents per line rate you come up with. That's the only way I can think of finding out if what they offer is fair.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)