Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 49)

how low of wage - J

Posted: Mar 8th, 2017 - 10:37 pm In Reply to: So, how low of a wage would you work for? - nm

My state minimum wage is $7.25/hr. Doesn't matter whether I am happy about it or not....that is what it is. Our life circumstances make moving to another state impossible as my husband and I having aging parents who need us, and we consider caring for them now a privilege. Technically, low wages in state have also deprived us of having the relationship we would love to have with our grandchildren because our daughter understandably left the state when she started working after getting her education. Our minimum wage is a bitter pill we have to swallow and do the best we can with what we make. So far, we have been fortunate to live decently by doing without luxuries, driving our vehicles with 250,000 miles on them, no new furniture since 1985 (my husband has repaired the couch many times). We do not eat out or travel except to see granddaughters 2-3 times a year. We don't have cell phones/smart phones. We do not buy things we cannot pay for and never have so we have no debt (we did finance vehicles and home years ago). We garden/freeze a large portion of our food, and hubby hunts to get the most of our meat. Would we mind having more money? No, but having it wouldn't change much because we would probably save it for when we can no longer garden, hunt, and work. Being able to afford to go see our granddaughters more often would be VERY nice, though. All in all, I feel very blessed and happy with the life I have. Does that answer your question?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)