Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

Staff of on site MTs - Lucky you

Posted: Mar 4th, 2017 - 10:03 am In Reply to: Just my opinion - sm - MT2coder

You are correct, there is safety in numbers. My facility is always looking for coders but finding qualified people is the problem. I can't speak to coding being outsourced but I haven't seen it in my community. In regard to transcription, what you describe is what happened where I work. We had a large on-site staff but we had a hiring freeze for years and as people retired or left they were not replaced. Then they started sending overflow work to services, then more and more, until the department was eliminated. It took years but that's how it usually goes. We were all good and maintained 99% accuracy across the board, but we were too expensive to keep in terms of wages and benefits, I learned the hard way that it's all about money. I'm glad your department is thriving but it could happen where you work too, particularly in terms of outsourced transcription. The red flag would be that they are using services instead of hiring more staff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)