Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Reply - More thoughts

Posted: Mar 3rd, 2017 - 8:37 am In Reply to: Agreed that we should not take too low wages but - MT

This was a well-written post. I don't think anyone should ever have to choose a job based on the employer who is the least abusive, that is just wrong. There does not seem to be any industry standard for wages, line length, etc. and it seems that if one company cuts their lone rates they all follow suit. You mentioned that many hospitals and MTSOs pay a decent line rate and I would suggest to look beyond that and try to find a job that pays an hourly wage, still involved in MT but perhaps in QA or pathology, although that would probably be on site. People are probably going to come back with all the things I have said that are wrong, but think about what you are doing jumping from one bad employment situation to the next, that is setting yourself up for more abuse. You are going to go to the grave holding out hope for the situation to improve and it is not going to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)