Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 44)

Agreed that we should not take too low wages but - MT

Posted: Mar 3rd, 2017 - 7:55 am In Reply to: Pay - MT

To ask people not to take an MT job when it may be the only option they have is not walking a mile in their shoes. Granted we should understand why this board will not post jobs under a certain amount and we should abide by that for our own self-esteem. A certain amount will get us nowhere, will eat up our life time and we won't pay the bills, etc. But it is possible to make a living at home on 7 cpl and 4 cpl or higher as employees and of course more if we put our nose to the grindstone and think production but we must work for an employer who does not add to negative self-esteem. The worst thing that can happen to high producers is to buy into the fact that we are no good because we will just lose concentration, want to run and hide, etc. The landlord will not understand that. So, first pick an employer who is the least abusive (do your homework) and then abide by at least the numbers this job board goes by. Even 6 cpl as an employee for a fast transcriptionist at 10,000 lines is a fine income plus a small income on the side. The reason I say this is some of us don't have any option but to work at home. We can't just stop working. We can't just go out and get something else. I won't say why because there are a million reasons physical, personal, etc. But to say don't ever take a job so that the companies go broke is ridiculous. It is like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. There are many MTSOs and hospitals out there if you do your research that pay a decent line rate and who do not abuse. I am not telling people what to do but I ask that people who do tell people to get out of this business or not work from home to walk a mile in their shoes and don't make them feel guilty for not quitting because maybe they cannot. Sometimes I think people are abusive toward each other on this board is because we have been abused so much by the MTSOs we have now become the abuser. Don't do that please. Just be kind and try to be compassionate toward your fellow MT. Thanks for reading.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)