Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Have you tried? - I am one of several

Posted: Mar 2nd, 2017 - 6:21 am In Reply to: And get this, people 35 and up are experiencing - age discrimination

Or, is being over 35 just your excuse not to get out and try.? My goodness, if the Huffington Post says so, it must be true, but there are exceptions to every rule. I was forced to start over at 58 after an MT layoff so don't tell me it can't be done due to age. I live in a rural area and found another job. I've done it all in the MT world and would have loved to keep doing it but I have no second income and unlike so many of you refuse to work for free. If I were a financial advisor and someone asked me to post anonymously on a message board giving advice to strangers I would say no, one reason being the time involved and secondly if I gave bad advice, someone might act on it and that could create problems. Last, it's just another way for you to take the easy way out. I personally would rather deal with people in my community whom I know for financial advice. Go ahead and tattle to the moderator about how you are being picked on, I don't give a damn.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)