Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Thanks to All Who Replied - bonking myself in the head

Posted: Mar 1st, 2017 - 8:00 pm In Reply to: MT Instructor Position with 17 Dislikes? - Curious MT

You know, I was only thinking about the reputation of the company, but in the past I've also thought about the sorry state of our industry and wondered how I would handle being asked about the job outlook by students. I hadn't had my cup of coffee this morning and was, like, "Doh!" and "Duh!" about my having asked after reading most of the replies. Yeah, I really couldn't recommend this profession to anyone, even someone running their own MTSO. I truly love MT and transcription in general, and after more than 20 years in the business and the economic abuse I've seen, I'll first and foremost never work for another big MTSO again. At least I'm treated more kindly by the smaller companies. But I do scrape by and am lucky to have child support. I am already exploring other options outside of this profession for that time when the child support ends, at which point transcription will become a very small side job and not one of my main income streams. So sad. Thanks again to all who replied.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)