Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 55)

It is sad when an employer sends out EIC info every year. - working poor

Posted: Feb 28th, 2017 - 12:18 pm In Reply to: need to vent - Concerned

MM sends out EIC information (earned income credit - tax relief for poverty level workers) every year. Unfortunately for me, you have to have children. I remember the days when this was a good living. Last weekend I took a day off (unpaid because I have no vacation anymore) because I was able to work distributing election supplies for TWICE what I earn doing work that people's lives depend on! Twice the pay for nearly brainless work. I would be on the street right now if it wasn't for friends, my mother and state aid. I no longer live in my own apartment, just rent a room from a friend with 3/4 of my rent in exchange for being a live-in housekeeper and gardener. The state now pays for my health care and prescriptions, and the state is paying my school tuition. My car is 30 years old, and my mother paid for most of the repair bill for me so I would have transportation as the public transportation is so poor, and I definitely could not pay for a taxi or Uber! A 45-minute drive to school takes almost 3 hours by public transportation. I am on course to finish a vocational program this summer, I only hope I get hired at my age of 60+ and lack of experience. I've been an MT for 30 years. Yep, sad and embarrassing being among the working poor and on public assistance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)