Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I apologize for replying too quickly ... - Peaches

Posted: Feb 27th, 2017 - 11:44 pm In Reply to: Yes, I presently do ... - Peaches

as I do not type/edit directly into Epic, but sharing my experience with facility converting to Epic. The facility's planning/implementing/converting to Epic was a lengthy (almost 2-yr) process. So, if your facility DOES NOT plan to outsource the transcription 100%, you should have job security at least during the transition process. During this process a new/voice recognition MT platform was interfaced with Epic.

Epic/speech rec has reduced transcription volume appx 80%, MT positions 50%, and pay 50% -- but this process took about 3-4 yrs.

The MT VR platform was easy to learn with features to increase production, including pt info auto fills header via Epic.

The downside to me is that dictation via Epic is of poor sound quality and affected by loud background noise/conversation.

Your dept manager/supervisor should hopefully keep MTs updated and share if plans are being made to outsource transcription, unless they are concerned MTs will resign before converting to Epic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)