Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

It depends - Check again

Posted: Feb 25th, 2017 - 12:36 pm In Reply to: Unfortunately not against the law for telecommuters - Federal law

When I was a transcriptionist for a health care facility (employee) and worked on production at home, we had what they called non-production time. We never had to wait for work, but if a server went down or there was a technical issue on the network, we were paid for down time. I only remember once when we were totally caught up and people were given the choice of taking PTO or making up the time later. Technically, I was a telecommuter and I doubt that my employer was doing that out of the goodness of their heart, there probably is something in the labor law. If your employer expects you to be available while you are waiting for them to supply you with work, you are on the job if you are in your home or on-site. Because of what you said, I wonder if that is determined state by state, but I think that state law overrides federal law in these situations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)