Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Warning to MTs - Disgusted

Posted: Feb 23rd, 2017 - 10:41 pm

Did you all know that when you are paid by the line, you are supposed to be paid minimum wage (per the state where your company is headquartered) for waiting time during your shift, while waiting for another report to drop into your box? In my case,  I could sit at my computer 12 hours, yet transcribe only 60-90 minutes; the rest was all waiting time. 

My company was not paying the minimum wage for waiting time so I filed a complaint with the Department of Labor. Their findings? They could not verify my waiting time; the only time records the company kept was the amount of time I was actually transcribing. Furthermore, the Department of Labor says they can not force my company to log my work shifts.  So - before you take a job, be sure that your company has a time clock logging your entire work shift. And be sure they are paying you for waiting time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)