Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 41)

Scribes - uniquemonique

Posted: Feb 23rd, 2017 - 6:51 pm In Reply to: Scribes? - FlatbrokeMT

I recently went with my daughter to a walk in clinic. We live in the Northeast. the doctor had a scribe with him. I don't know if this is what you mean, but I think it might be. She had a "laptop" and was using a touch pen to mark places on the monitor as he examined my daughter. I was quite intrigued and asked her what kind of training was involved, and told her I am an MT. She said she is actually a medical student and the qualifications are premed and there is a whole lot of training that goes along with it. So my understanding is you have to be somewhere above a medical assistant and be in medical school. I was watching her and she got into much more detail than what an MT would. I do agree that it would be better than sitting all day, but just to give you an example, the doctor we saw that day, saw 70 patients before us, and this was in the early afternoon!

That being said, if the scribe you are talking about is different, it wouldn't hurt to look into it. I agree MT/VR wages are insulting these days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)