Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Scribes? - FlatbrokeMT

Posted: Feb 23rd, 2017 - 4:18 pm

Hi, new here.  Have been an MT for about 18 years, the last 10 working for MModal.  Are any of you working as scribes or know someone working as a scribe?  Do you know what the average pay is like, especially in the mid west?  Do you have to be an MA?

A physician mentioned it to me today and asked if I had considered it.  He said there were openings at their hospital for scribes but didn't know anything about pay, etc.

So that got me wondering exactly what it's like to work as a scribe.  What's cool about it versus what is a pain in the sit-down.  Do you know any scribes and do they love what they do, or is the kind of job where you can't wait to get out and do something else?  Is it minimum wage or does it pay decently?

Anyway, as an MT barely subsisting on MModal wages but wary of starting all over in a new career, any information would be appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)