Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

What a joke - MT

Posted: Feb 23rd, 2017 - 3:10 pm In Reply to: What joke...CMT!! Hospitals used to even pay for the certification!! - anon

Sadly, CMT means absolutely NOTHING these days. There was a time when it was a certification actually worth having, but today it means zilch and is totally pointless to even have when it comes to getting hired by a company or making more money. It's so depressing. Either these companies don't care or don't fully realize just how many skills it takes to do this job. We essentially have to be experts in anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, medical terminology, and have top-notch spelling and grammar skills. Plus, we are expected to be able to decipher these speed demon, mush-mouthed, heavy ESL dictators with 100% accuracy. Not many people can do this job, yet so many companies want to pay us like we're gas pump attendants. Pathetic. I remember the days when I was making 10-11 cpl and now I make 8, which I realize I am very lucky to get considering the state that our profession is currently in, but aren't you supposed to make more as you become more seasoned and experienced, not less???

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)