Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Sometimes they could care less - wahmt

Posted: Feb 22nd, 2017 - 2:38 pm In Reply to: Job hunting (leaving MT) what do you do for references? - MTwtf

The last clinic I worked for had no interest in my references from the MTSOs and never called a single one. She cared more about the references from jobs I had outside the home previously. I landed my job on the references of old friends at an orthopedic office that I had worked for before to going to work at home as an MT, and that was about 8 years prior. If you explain the situation adequately and present yourself well, a employer will see how bright you are and take a chance on you. I think most MTs are incredibly well-spoken (we have to be, right? lol). It did take a while though to find work outside the home, and I feel like a lot of the places I applied to basically didn't want to touch me because they felt like I had limited social skills, being at home alone for so long. I would use that to my advantage though - I just really played up the fact that I am so hard-working and disciplined that I worked at home without the need of anyone hovering over me.

I did eventually give notice there and come back home as an MT because I didn't want my children in daycare any longer, but I did get my confidence back up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)