Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Yes -- two instances - AnnNon

Posted: Feb 22nd, 2017 - 11:56 am In Reply to: Does the job get to you emotionally sometimes? - rogue_cricket

One with a young girl, who was kidnapped and subsequently raped and murdered. They brought her into our small hospital because of course of the press coverage regarding the case. The radiologist who was in his late 70s at the time, had to leave the room during parts of his examination.

The second was when I lived in Laramie, WY and was called in to do the initial reports on Matthew Shepard, the young man who was gay and was subsequently pistol whipped by his assailants, tied to a fence post and left for dead. The tragic part about that was the fact that he subsequently died on my birthday. They had a Dateline show about it and in the opening credits, showed my apartment building and I had my curtains open at that time. It was filmed from the interstate which was 5 miles away, but actually looked like the shot had been taken from across the street. VERY disturbing!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)