Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Surviving is my only reference. - MTwtf

Posted: Feb 22nd, 2017 - 6:48 am In Reply to: This is what I did - me

Managing to raise 3 kids a a single mom on MT income should be reference enough! lol I really don't have any outside anything for the last 4 years or so (since the kids became less than thrilled at the prospect of me volunteering at their schools). ;) No church, no clubs, hardly any friends (I'm not really a people person). I do have a landlord who can vouch I'm responsible enough to pay the rent on time and not tear up a house. Geez. I've loved the flexibility of MT but I wish I had put more thought into the long-term repercussions of being so isolated.

I'm considering dropping MT to part time and finding ANYTHING that will get me out of the house and give me some exposure to the outside world. (Hate to lose insurance but....) I don't see any way to fit anything else into my day as a FT MT. It's taking 10-11 hours a day to accomplish an 8-hour workday - clocking in and out many times because neither my body nor my brain can handle this crap for more than 2 hours at a time. And, of course, taking any breaks without clocking out means I won't meet the insane line requirement. Lord have mercy! At least the week is halfway over (almost).

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)