Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Job hunting (leaving MT) what do you do for references? - MTwtf

Posted: Feb 21st, 2017 - 10:22 pm

I've been a WAH MT for 16 years. I have had enough. For my mental health and physical health, I have come to the conclusion that it's  time to get the heck out.  (Plus my employer is the damn devil incarnate.) I have no clue what to do about references on job apllications. The only person i could possibly list is my current "supervisor". (Have had same one for 6-7 years - due to staffing changes within the MTSO.) How do you approach a job application/resume when you have no references? Neeedless to say, there is no one else to use as a reference since this job has rendered me an isolated recluse with no social contacts or network. And...do you trust your one possible reference (supervisor who has become cheerleader for Satan) to be helpful and not make life hell/see this as an opportunity to lean on you until you quit. (I'm with one of those companies whose goal is to let everyone go or make them IC converts... Guess who?!) ;)

Such a frustrating situation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)