Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

First thing you need to do is...SM - Old Anon

Posted: Feb 21st, 2017 - 10:49 am In Reply to: logging off for no work - illegal to ask us to, or not?

do a Google search for your state's labor laws. My state has a multiple page document outlining all of them, and I have saved it in my favorites to refer to. I know if my state cannot furnish me a minimum of 3 hours of work, say I have to log off after only 1 hour and there is on work for the rest of the day, they must pay me for 3 hours. In general, as far as paying us hourly for those hours we do not have work, it's not done because we are paid on production. What companies I worked for have done is to email me when work became available again and I would also check every 1/2 hour in case some work came in and they forgot to let me know. When my 8 hour shift was done, I stopped work or stopped checking and was done for the day. None of this checking all day and night to get in 8 hours. Too bad for them, I put in my 8 hour shift; and no one ever told me that that was wrong. They let me use PTO to make up the difference if I wanted to and I had some available. All in all, I think the only way we could get paid hourly (minimum wage) for hours when there isn't any work is to lobby to get your state's labor laws change. Then probably what would happen is the MTSOs would stop hiring from your state.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • logging off for no work - illegal to ask us to, or not? (Views: 738, 2017-02-21, 10:15 am)
    • First thing you need to do is...SM - Old Anon