Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

It is the best job, hands down - proudmomma

Posted: Feb 20th, 2017 - 8:47 pm In Reply to: proudmamma - the best job i had

A different point of view is not a twisted message. Being a mom is the best job I have ever had as well - that is why I've given up much better jobs to be an MT, so I can raise them myself instead of feeling like I'm just paying someone to do it. Simply my take on this situation - we are disposable to these companies. It is important to stand up for your beliefs, but I personally will not do it at the risk of taking food out of my children's mouths. It's just that I believe the MTSOs will retaliate and quickly replace, just as other employers demonstrated after the Day Without Immigrants. If marching and protesting and fighting the status quo makes some women feel good about themselves, great. If one is in the position to take a risk and it's what one feels is right, go with it. What makes me feel like a second rate citizen are the women who choose to belittle women like me (not meaning you specifically) who don't feel we personally have anything to protest. I enjoy being barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen so to speak. I don't feel like I'm a slave to my husband and kids and it doesn't make me ignorant or uneducated. I am happy with my life. Everyone should be. Do what makes you happy. Live and let live.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)