Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 34)

A Day Without a Woman - Please explain

Posted: Feb 17th, 2017 - 9:28 pm In Reply to: It wont do anything except maybe get us fired. - I refuse to as well.

It is not about MT or jobs, I'm really not clearing what it is except to possibly try and shut things down to show how valuable women are to the economy. I don't know how anyone who is employed gets away with attending the marches unless they plan a day off in advance or call in sick, my boss would fire me if I went "on strike." I know it sounds selfish but my days off are so rare that I use them to take care of personal needs, not to attend protest marches. For many women, it's not realistic to walk out on family obligations and expect significant others who probably also have work responsibilities to manage things. Women's roles have changed so much since the original women's movement in regard to birth control, employment and other issues that I'm not sure where this is going, I don't think the objective is to address medical transcription because they will manage without you, they'll send more work offshore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)