Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Suggestions - You need more research

Posted: Feb 11th, 2017 - 10:29 am In Reply to: Certification - You need more research - Nic

Some people make it sound as if obtaining the CCS is a snap, but it's master level inpatient coding as AHIMA actually recommends work experience before attempting it. There is nothing wrong with a CPC certification, you would be paid well and could advance in your career, the CCA is an entry level credential and I doubt if it means much to employers. Actually, finding a first job in medical records or insurance billing is fine, some employers offer financial assistance for school and coders are in demand so if you express an interest it's not a bad idea. I would probably not choose Career Step but look into AAPC or a college course. I don't work as a coder but took a course through Career Step, I saw it as a way out of MT but think I did it for the wrong reasons and don't know if I would have been happy, being an MT does not mean that it is going to be a good fit; for one thing, it's difficult and takes real dedication and persistence if you want to land a job. Don't rush into anything and be careful before you enroll anywhere, make sure you want to make it your life's work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)