Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Not a scam - sm

Posted: Feb 10th, 2017 - 9:23 pm In Reply to: Warning - Before you spend the $$$

There is a reason why companies want at least two years of what is referred to above as "student coding."

I can only speak for AAPC, but once you are certified, you have apprentice status for 2 years. Certain courses will qualify to remove one of those years, and AAPC offers an additional practice course (at a hefty cost) that will qualify to remove the other year.

Oftentimes, coding has gray areas that necessitate a second set of eyes on them. Very little about coding is black and white, as it is with transcription. You don't learn that in school. I've been coding for 3 years and my coworker has been coding for over 15 years. We still bounce stuff off each other daily.

Depending on the type of coding you are looking for, you can usually get a job in a doctor's office after passing the certification exam which will give you invaluable experience. However, if your only goal is to work from home and you have never done coding before, it's probably not a good fit. Work from home jobs are typically for more seasoned coders that don't require hand-holding like a new coder does.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)