Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I like Smartype - JMHO

Posted: Feb 10th, 2017 - 8:37 am In Reply to: Instant Text is my choice - sm

I've used Smarttype for forever, after winning it one year in a giveaway on another site. I also have Instant Text.

So, here we go.
If you are doing your own clients, IT can be HUGE, as it can be set to analyze your documents, directories, etc. and generate the abbreviations for commonly-used phrases. I get annoyed having to hit an expand key, although, to be fair, it can be set to different keys.

Smartype comes pre-loaded with English language, medical language, etc. If you type in bas, your word list comes up as based, base, basic, basis, baseball, basically, etc. You can define the top words you want, so g, for me is "good", w gets "was" and so on.

The specialized vocabularies are based on a default rule, where you would use the first letter for the first word, and then the first few of the second (or third) word to get your phrase expansion. So, dddi would get you to degenerative disc disease. minf would get you to myocardial infarction. This may be more intuitive for you, if you have been using autocorrect. I know coming from the days of PRD, I have things that are just "supposed" to be there, and when they aren't, I'm not happy. LOL. Adding is not difficult for this program, either. They have a 30-day free trial. Check them out! www.smartype.com

(For reference, I actually often use both in conjunction, but if using one alone, it's Smartype.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)