Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 62)

Instant Text is great - Nikki

Posted: Feb 9th, 2017 - 3:02 am In Reply to: Instant Text versus AutoCorrect - Opinions?

A few years back I was of the same opinion as you. I might have had even more autocorrects that what you mention. Then I got a brief class in Instant Text and I was convinced. Now I cannot be without IT even for a day.

Instant Text can work just fine with autocorrects that you already have in your system. There is "code" button that you press for your instant text to show up and it can be set up to not be one of the ones that work for autocorrects. The best thing about Instant Text is that you have different glossaries, so if you have specific doctors that you type for, you can set up a glossary for each one, and while you might have the same shortcut that generates an expansion by Instant Text, it can be set up that for each doctor a different expansion is generated with the same characters. Also, you will see what is coming up and you can select what you want, rather than the more blind selection of autocorrect. I still use autocorrects for some things like spelling errors, but definitely not like I used to.

Also, one great advantage I found is that if I want to add a new shortcut, I just open the glossary and put it in. It is saved quickly and does not require closing Word to make sure that it goes into the normal template.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)