Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Tech Help Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 51)

Hoping for new response - to old question

Posted: Feb 8th, 2017 - 10:06 pm

Okay, please don't yell at me because I've already searched the archives and found a lot of info that isn't always current because Microsoft hasn't supported Word 2003 for a while now.

I don't need to back up my Word autocorrects per se (although it would be nice to know how), but my company needs to import my autocorrects onto their platform/server.  They need "the file" on my hard drive, whichever file that is, but the problem is that they have previously only imported shortcuts from external expanders liike Shorthand, Breevy, etc., and have apparently never imported from Word, which is a little hard to fathom.  I have never used an external expander, always just Word. 

Now I have a nice account but I need my years of autocorrects and I don't know how to tell them which file it is, and the path to get there.  They uploaded some .acl files, but I think those are just Microsoft corrections for spelling and grammar, not my own personal autocorrects.   You would think they would know this stuff but I haven't yet been able to reach the one company guru who supposedly can handle this. 

I did find an article online with a pre-made macro that you can run and it will print out your autocorrects, but I'm scared to use it because I don't know if it is trustworthy.

Someone please tell me the name of the file and how to get to it.  I can access hidden files and folders, but my normal.dot file is just the global template, a blank Word document.  Where are my autocorrects? 

I didn't post on  the IT board because not as many people seem to view it, but I will delete this and re-post if it doesn't belong here.  Thanks for any help you can give.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)