Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Transcribing pre-recorded audio to text...HELP!!! - lboiv001

Posted: Feb 7th, 2017 - 3:02 pm

I need to transcribe a series of pre-recorded lectures for a narrator to later present to a broader audience of students.
The problem is that the audio quality is poor, the speech is heavily accented, and there are highly technical terms being discussed that are not common in everyday speech.
Manually transcribing will take many, many hours, and using an outside transcription service is not an option because of the confidential information in the lectures. 
I have already tried the audacity/soundflower method, but the text that was transcribed is non-sensical for the reasons stated above.
My research has led me in the direction of using Nuance's Dragon transcription software, but you may only use one person's voice per license, and I need to be able to convert lectures from different speakers with different vocal characteristics.
(FYI....I have shared this query on several different forums...)
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, and I thank you for your responses in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)