Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Keystrokes 401-K Bad News - An angry and crazed MT/CMT?

Posted: Feb 6th, 2017 - 5:49 pm

I worked for Keystrokes in the past couple of years.  I just got the W2 a week or so ago and it arrived before the deadline, which is a plus for them.  After 6 months with KS, they automatically sign you up for their 401-K if you don't opt out.  I did not get info to opt out.  Upon my first paycheck a year ago in January when $36+ was taken out for 401-K, I inquired "What is this?"  I was told by the money man that I could log in to stop payments, but not close it because I was still employed.  Really?  I did just that and, fortunately, stopped further money being taken out, which would have been $36+ twice a month.  On my new W2 that I just got last month, it showed this money as 401-K and deducted from the gross earnings.  I suddenly remembered that by law these people were supposed to send me that money within 60 days after quitting and I never got it.  I had forgotten.  I inquired with HR, who transferred my note to the money man.  I have just gotten a reply from HR that the group called ADP (apparently handling it) charges $50 to cancel it out and because my amount was less than that, the explanation was that my $36+ was eaten up by fees.  Really?  What fees?  Who took the fees?  What do you think?  I enjoyed my time with Keystrokes because I only worked on EditScript (I chose wisely from the openings posted), but my supervisor, MZ, did not help as she said she would, and I did have 2 glitches with payroll.  Then MZ harassed me about the impossible line count versus extreme clerical/EMR work and did not support me, so I quit.  I feel like they kept the money to pad their payroll issues.  Pardon me, but I do.  It is just one more blow to working so hard to please these companies and feeling like we get less and less.  BUT, I have a new, honest-appearing company to work for and have turned down 3 low-paying IC jobs recently, even though I was glad to have been considered and fortunate, but I still keep having faith that things will get better.  I am 65 years old, early retired, but have to supplement my income and my only other choice is to, well, drop dead prematurely; however, that is not an option.  I have decided that I have to jump up and just tell my self that I am in a better place, like 20 years ago, better wages, better jobs, better health and fitness and persevere onward.  I hope that came out right.  Anyway, I will be the stronger one and move on.  It has been a deep, dark, rainy, wet winter, and we actually had a lot of snow this year (shhh, can't say where) and I was very depressed with the job situations and to turn down jobs when you need the money is horrible, but I have standards nevertheless, but I have had to compromise a bit too.  Let's all hang in there and we will, hopefully, get the better of the bad ones at some point in time.  I still think like I am 35 and physically fit, but gee whiz, what a time in life to try to change back time to survive..........but I WILL!  It is only $36+ that I feel they stole from me, but it is a lot when you don't have the money coming to pay the bills.  When you don't have the money, you figure out how to charge things on the charge cards and then they go up and then the monthly payments go up.  I think I know how people become homeless, but I WILL SURVIVE BEFORE THEY BEAT ME!  So, consider how much better off you are than I am right now, but I have a new IC job I am starting on and one employee-status  prospect in limbo.  Otherwise, things are good (Yup)!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)