Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

And if they weren't introverts when they started, MT - transformed them!

Posted: Feb 1st, 2017 - 8:34 am In Reply to: Congrats/suggestions - lynlou

It makes me so happy to read anecdotes of joy and success on the "other side." I definitely have introvert qualities but 14+ years of working from home as an MT has made me positively antisocial (and I'd say clinically depressed). I, too, have been well served by MT and working from home. Even with the drastic downturn in income that came with VR, it was worth it to be home with my kids and have schedule flexibility. Now that the kids are older and self-sufficient (and really prefer to be with their friends more than their mom), I am quickly coming to realize I have got to break away from this job. In retrospect, it has irrefutably taken a toll on my emotional and physical health over the last decade. Like so many, I have no clue where to go from here, as MT and mommyhood have been all I've known for so long. I guess a lottery win is too much to ask for. ;) I'm glad you have found success outside of MT!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)