Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Left this business and happy! - Wishyouwell

Posted: Jan 31st, 2017 - 10:31 pm

I left the MT profession 4 years ago, not knowing what I was going to do, but determined that I was not going to use my hard won knowledge and skills to line the pockets of greedy management.  Let me share with you what I learned: No one cares what happens to MT and most people, including medical professionals, are not even aware of its existence.  I also learned that I am a diehard introvert, which is probably what had led me to MT in the first place and further speeded my journey to becoming a hermit.  

I used the end of MT as my profession as an opportunity to discover what other talents and proficiencies I might have, which was a freeing experience.  If the end of MT had come for me just a couple of years earlier, it would have been disastrous for me and my family, as I was a single mother with no safety net.  However, I was fortunate that I had remarried a few years before and my husband encouraged me to figure out what I might be good at and strike out from there.  We are not even what would be considered middle class, probably would fall within the range of working poor, so this was generous on his part to allow me this freedom.  

I discovered that I had skills beyond listening to mumbling voices on the other end of a phone.  I discovered that I was more than number of lines that I produced in a day.  I discovered that I was owed the dignity of being treated as a human being by superiors.  

Everyone has a different situation and I understand completely that many of you cannot just walk away from your job, but if you should come to that point, just be reassured that it is not the end of the line, but a new beginning, one that may be brighter than you could have ever imagined.  MTs have been treated so shabbily, when they rightfully should have been lauded for the very difficult and detailed work they perform that basically watches every medical clinician's back and guards the welfare of patients.  My hat is off to those who perservere, but if you can't, please know that you can probably do as well and most likely better by finding a niche where you will be not only rewarded financially, but appreciated by those around you.  

Don't hesitate if you are given a chance to succeed at something different.  MT was very good to me for a great number of years.  It put food on the table and a roof over my family's head while I was a single mother.  But the game has changed and there are other opportunities out there if you will take that leap.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)