Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

From the "you've insulted me as a MT" life.... - Not a fool

Posted: Jan 31st, 2017 - 8:18 pm

After testing and applying for a job as an IC I received an "offer" of 3.5 cpl for editing, 7 cpl for transcription. 

I responded with the following letter:  "I am receipt of your job offer.  In case you are not aware, IC status means that between 1-1.25 cpl has to be earmarked for the value of the matching taxes and benefits equation.  Therefore you're asking me to edit your work at a "real" rate of 2.25-2.5 cpl and to transcribe at a rate that is equal to 5.75-6 cpl.  With my 30 years of experience this is an insult to my intelligence and work experience to be presented with such a low offer.  Let me put it to you this way.  You are stating the average MT should edit 250 lines per hour which would be $8.75....and one considers the cost of being an IC that brings it down to a relative real wage of $6.25 which is far below the minimum wage in my state.  I would rather work fast food or retail where not only would my work not jeopardize patient lives if I made a mistake but they actually give you raises and pay the employee taxes.  If you are willing to offer a more reasonable contracted line rate please let me know.  Otherwise I respectfully decline your very offer at this time."

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)