Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Your needs versus their needs - Trying to be helpful

Posted: Jan 29th, 2017 - 4:46 pm In Reply to: MT working at home and boiling mad right now. - Same thing most of us have had SM

I know that we need quiet a lot to do our work. You have moved into this multi-person household to save money and I understand that. You also need to be patient...they do not have to be absolutely quiet during your work hours. Their lives do not stop, so closing your door will help with that. If you invited the little girl to play with the cat at some time in the future, then I think it is fine that they politely knocked on your door and asked. How are they supposed to communicate otherwise? I think you are more upset about that than you should be. I feel like maybe you were just a bit selfish when they asked about the cat politely. I realize you may have stress about getting enough work done to pay your bills, but try not to take it out on them, okay? Be thankful that you can live there for less money than if you were alone. We are all having money problems now with the low wages. Good for you because you are obviously trying hard, but just be more patient with people. You do not control the house. You have to blend together. The rest of the world does not have to "stop" because of you or because of me if I want. If you close the door, won't the cat call out for you or bounce on the door so you can let it in? I feel you may have too much stress and because of that you are being a "little bit" unreasonable. Best of luck to you for trying. I hope you can cope better and things will work out for the best.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)