Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 63)

I don't understand - why

Posted: Jan 29th, 2017 - 9:37 am In Reply to: MT working at home and boiling mad right now. - Same thing most of us have had SM

you feel the need to allow some random child to have access to your cat just because she wants to. You might be falling into the trap many women find themselves in. They value being seen as "nice" over their own needs. Being "nice" is probably what has made the others feel they do not have to respect your boundaries.

You don't have to let the child see your cat (and the cat probably doesn't want to be mauled by some strange kid, anyway). Seriously, you have the right to say no without feeling guilty. It might do the kid good to learn she can't have everything she wants or always get her own way.

Set your boundaries and insist that they be respected. Close your door or leave it open as you choose but be firm about your boundaries and let the others know that no means no, you can't annoy my cat now, I'm working. If you don't want interruptions, close the door and let it be known you will not respond to anything short of a fire alarm.

Being firm about boundaries is not the opposite of being nice. It's just asking to be treated with respect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)