Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

MT working at home and boiling mad right now. - Same thing most of us have had SM

Posted: Jan 28th, 2017 - 6:51 pm

with people bothering us when we are at home working.

I recently moved out of an abusive situation and moved into a home shared with landlord and 2 other house mates.  Everything is fine with everyone.

The landlord has friends, a couple, who come to visit occasionally.  No problem.  They have a child, who loves animals, and I told the lady before that if the child came with them she could see my cat at some point.

The cat is elderly, wants to be with me constantly so he's usually in here with me.  I cant shut the door to my room and leave him out there, he wont like it and will want back in here by me.

They know what my situation is, that I work, at home, here in my room. I never thought she'd be either rude enough or dumb enough to actually interrupt me in here.  Foolish me.

I am in here tonite working which I have been since before they got here.  Earlier I heard the lady ask the landlord  "is she in there working."  I left it alone.

Yes, the door is open, they can see me in here sitting at the computer, so obviously I AM WORKING. 

Little bit later I shut the door because I could hear them talking out there.  Not a big deal.

Little bit later, I have a knock on my door.  Landlord asks me if the child can see the cat.  I politely and calmly stated that I was sorry, I am working right now.

I am boiling mad.  I explained to him when I interviewed to rent this place,  what my job is and that I need to be left alone in here whether the door is open or closed.  They have all been very good about it so far. I thought he understood.  They know I work opposite shift of all the rest of them,  they all work days and I work evening 3 to 11 pm.

Now we are going to have to do a review of systems tonite,  I will have to politely explain this AGAIN,  that when I am in here I AM NOT TO BE DISTURBED, door open or closed. 

I sure hope I dont have to move.  I dont have the money for it.  I cannot afford to move or live on my own, or I'd be by myself right now.

I guess my choice is to shut the door from now on every time I am in here working no matter if those people are here or not.  Especially every time they come over, this door has to be shut until they leave.  

Damit.   I had to vent.  I am so mad I could just chew nails right now. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)