Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

PRD! - StillAnMT

Posted: Jan 28th, 2017 - 5:13 pm In Reply to: ideal platform - anon

Yes! PRD combined with WP 5.1 for DOS was unbelievably fast. I loved the Append feature in WordPerfect as well as the Search feature. How about that Look feature. Word cannot touch those, and those are the things that speeded me up - plus everything popped on the screen so stable. With Word and my hotkey program, sometimes it pops up there correctly, and sometimes it does not. I think part of my fatigue at the end of the day is diligently watching the screen for Word to keep up with my typing speed.

But having said that, working in Word is much faster than working in a Word-based web-based platform because of the complicated macros and hotkeys I can make in Word.

I am watching this post for the answers to the OP's question. I am really looking for answers by those who used to work in WordPerfect for DOS and so can give a comparison to that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)