Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 39)

To Bananas - Hard to be an MT

Posted: Jan 25th, 2017 - 6:43 pm In Reply to: Wow - bananas

Your post made a lot of good points and yes it can get rather nasty on this site, but then again, sometimes you just really want to say what you want to say. I think most MTs are working under such horrible conditions and are so controlled, that when they vent, it may come on strong or negative or just down and out mean, but that's okay.

If I get nasty replies, I ignore them or sometimes, I do snap back, depending on my mood.

I think all of us are struggling with this line of work. IC jobs taking over for employee jobs, technology taking over and it sucks, outsourcing which is killing this profession, hospitals who want it on the cheap and the companies are promising the moon, the free work we do, the horrible ESLs, and the list goes on.

For all the replies that go down on this site, you just have to take it with a grain of salt. Even some of the really positive ones get me angry. I would love to know who these people work for and where.

That is what makes the world go round, all kinds of different people and all of those people have their own agenda it seems, including myself and you as well.

Adversity isn't always that bad. Who knows, someone might point out, to get out of MT and do something else and someone might just take it to heart.

I had a bad knee and kept putting off surgery for 4 years. I was miserable. Someone asked me how long I had been suffering with pain and when I said 4 years, he said, my god, it could all be over by now! I scheduled the surgery the next week, it has been 2 years and I feel like I am reborn. Sometimes, we all need a push! It took me a long time to get an outside of the home job. I still do MT PT, but it doesn't control me like it did for so many years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)