Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

My electronic medical record - from my doctor

Posted: Jan 23rd, 2017 - 8:26 pm

When I went to my internist for my yearly check, he gave me several pages of printouts to take home, so I concluded that they finally put everything into the electronic medical record.  Much to my surprise, the assessment showed that I have a diagnosis of agoraphobia...really?  My doctor never addressed this with me in the whole 13 years of seeing him.  I had actually hand written a note on the front of my initial evaluation form that I filled out that I thought I may have a tiny bit of agoraphobia in large groups because I would get nervous.  Now, I know that I have a bit of anxiety in stressful situations (don't we all as MTs these days?).  I wrote a letter to my doctor and told him that I have never been diagnosed with this issue and to please remove it from my record.  He knows that I am a CMT/MT/QA person and was probably embarassed, but he is a good guy.  I bet he was surprised at this mistake and "who the heck" transferred my records into this file and what else could be wrong?  I thought you might get a chuckle out of this...or not because it could be more serious, like "this lady is a sociopath."  Eeek! Have a good day.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)