Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

PLEASE LISTEN TO BACKWOODS TYPIST - It is all true. I got out

Posted: Jan 20th, 2017 - 11:08 am In Reply to: Be Beyond Worried - Backwoods Typist

I got out 6 months ago, took early retirement and had to Hospice care for my dad. Towards the end it was torture working for the N. I have also worked in the distant past for the M. Same story. Too big and greedy, treat you like a number, try everything in their power to beat you down to minimum wage working all sorts of odd hours. You can have 100% accuracy for YEARS without a word of praise, then make one mistake and be hammered for it and threatened, and, BTW, I never did have a critical error and had 100% almost always, but it was still torture in other ways.

I remember the "good 'ol days." I had some really nice accounts here and there, some I really enjoyed. Some with smaller companies that subsequently got bought out by the bigger companies mentioned above. There was the most interesting account I have ever had in Alaska. Good dictators and truly interesting patient stories. There was my savior, a doctor in Florida. I could make 25$ an hour on him, even recently (in Ambulatory)until his office went to Epic. From there and the N getting rid of ambulatory, I went down to minimum wage and TORTURE, at which point I moved to a smaller company. Unfortunately the smaller company took ambulatory work from the N and only paid 4/7 cpl independent contractor and below minimum wage but less harassment.

Thank God for early retirement. There was no more joy AT ALL left in transcription for me and because of the N and the M I doubt I will even go back on a part-time basis. They have spoiled the entire field of transcription in my opinion.

And a word about voice recognition...This is just an invention to cut the transcriptionist's wages in half because VR spits out truly ridiculous nonsense and could never, ever be trusted to write accurate reports EVER. True story: Doctor dictates "patient suffers from sleepiness." VR transcribes "patient suffers from flea penis." How's that for accuracy?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)