Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

I use very few keyboard shortcuts. - dnr

Posted: Jan 17th, 2017 - 3:37 pm In Reply to: Fluency - SadMT

I use the mouse to follow along, which has increased my accuracy, plus that is predominantly the only way I can get to where I need quickly. We keep getting advised not to take our hands off the keyboard, but their shortcuts never get me exactly where I need to be. Heck, during their training class, they never demonstrated how those shortcuts could take you to the exact point in 1 shortcut. I have my mouse on the left side of the keyboard as the distance to the keyboard is very short. The keyboard shortcuts I do use are: alt O to get out of ADT. Ctl M to skip ahead. Ctl shift M to jump back to where the audio is (when I have gone back to read part of the report). Ctl N for doctor database. Ctl O to search past patient reports. Ctl H for headings. Ctl S for standards. F5 for client profile. Ctl 1, 2 or 3 for internet search. Ctl shift L for numbering, Ctl L for cc. Ctl H for headings. I use escape a lot to get back to the document. For Ctl 1 internet search, if what I want doesn't come up right away, I Google search in my browser as their Ctl 1 is epic fail in ease of use. If you want to Google in your browser, have Ctl 1 open in your document and you won't get inactive time while you use your browser -- something I noticed. Lately our QAM has been sending out tips for production. The latest kick has been telling us that it is quicker to use the keyboard to start and stop the audio. WTH!?? I have had an occasion when I had to use the keyboard to stop and start the audio due to a foot pedal problem, and that is the worst production killer ever. As far as production, 99% depends on the quality of the ASR output and how much time I have to spend in ADT and entering cc's. Something they will not admit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)