Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 63)

Had LDMTS Unhappy Experience - for a few weeks

Posted: Jan 16th, 2017 - 9:59 am In Reply to: Can anyone tell me how they like working at LDMTS. nm - PAMT

I got inspired by the very nice recruiter, who is also QA boss and trainer. I did not have to test, so took the pay of 3 cpl plus 1/2-cent for graveyard, as I needed the job. Of course, work ran out during the Christmas weeks, but that is normal for most places. The QA is super nit-picky and marks "errors" for everything, including when they fill in a blank and then kindly, but annoyingly remind you of the rule for the error. I pointed out to the QA boss that when a blank is filled in, there is no error created from it. She got all "Oh don't feel that way" about it and backed up the QA person instead of me. In training, she had taught me 2 exceptions to 2 rules for formatting. When I followed her version, the QA person marked them as errors and followed the traditional rules. The QA boss did not back me up, so I knew at that point that she was not there to help and support me, but in it for herself, as I later saw on some reviews about someone mentioning the word "anal and OCD" about that person. The contract says if you quit before 30 days or without 14-day notice, they will charge you $200, so be careful. The contract says they can deposit and remove money from your auto-deposit. If they audit you and find any errors, they will charge you back 2 cpl for those reports. I didn't wait for that to happen, but figured with the way the QA person was finding errors that this was going to happen to me at some point. In old reviews, it said Lynn was very nice, but I never spoke to her until I quit and she paid me promptly on payday. The huge account they have in the Northeast has 85 pages of client rules with samples, but some rules for certain doctors are not clearly defined and I got dinged for that and when I explained to QA that perhaps they could update the rules, she said they could not (what?) and for me to read the rules. Hey lady, when I read the rules and the rules don't tell me something, I don't appreciate getting an error for it...do you get that? One sample for a doctor had no exam in it, but his rules were to leave in all abbreviations in the exam, unlike other doctors. The QA lady said they could not add another sample and to again read the rules. Really? She is like a robot. Read the rules when that particular rule is not there...how does that work again? The huge account I was on has a huge amount of ESL plus a large number of just bad audio files, some with a lot of static and some with the tunnel sound where you cannot decipher simple words. There were a few (about 1/4th) jobs with great dictators and voice files. This was one of the worst accounts I have had for a while. This account is a university/training type hospital and may have hand-held units being uploaded or really old phone lines causing the distortion of files. The whole thing was impossible for only 3.5 cpl. I got out and they waived my 14-day notice. The QA lady was removing jobs from my queue and using the excuse that the turnaround time was approaching, but it was only at the 9-hour mark, not 12-24 hours and the ones she removed were the clear English-speaking dictators and the ESLs would pile up. I told her not to remove any more or I would log out, so I think the QA boss was going to tell me to get lost the day I gave notice. She never removed the ESLs from my queue on several nights. The QA lady also did something strange. You know when you have a blank and when it is filled in that you might have to alter the word on each side of the blank, right? Each time I had a blank, she would alter that word and mark it as an error. In all my decades of doing this, the QA people would graciously fix the blank area, including the word next to it once you realize what was said. I have done QA and that is how I was taught. I felt I was being killed off slowly. You could give it a try and see how you do, as they were getting a new account this month, just be wary. They only pay monthly, about 2 weeks after the end of each month with auto-deposit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)