Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 54)

Yeah. They have taken "shareholder value" - to an absolutely shameful level

Posted: Jan 15th, 2017 - 8:29 pm In Reply to: Outrageous, but totally legal - MT

These large corporations all subscribe to "shareholder value" and d*mn the worker, who are only (to them) replaceable cogs in a wheel, running and running to keep up with basic expenses (not fripperies because we don't have it), because of such poor, food-stamp wages. Unfortunately, I still feel that the only way karma is going to get them is that something will happen and then they will go out of business. In our case, nobody is going into this field and like I said on a previous post directed to Jay Vance, we are all getting older. Now granted, there are a few people who will stay in it (even me) because I am looking at age 70 in a couple of weeks and while I would like more money, who is going to hire me? I don't even think I look 70! But age discrimination is massive, and they think we either can't do anything, aren't technically savvy enough, can't get an old dog to do new tricks, etc. and any other reason they have for age discrimination. But I would like to retire eventually. And there are many more of us over 60 and even older who are eventually going to be gone. The younger ones will still be able to leave and make more money, which I am sure those folks are trying as hard as they can to do. This isn't like the late 1990's, when if you could breathe you could get a job. I don't think the "great recession" ever really got overwith, especially for the reasons above. We older ones are healthier as well as working our hardest to recoup what we lost from that recession. My husband and I lost all of our savings because even though I robbed the cradle and he is 8 years younger than me, he still couldn't find a job after 5 or 6 years, and still doesn't have one. The job I had at that time was not bad and the pay was still decent until the owner cut the pay to 4 cents a line and then our savings had to go to pay the mortgage, etc., and the unemployment was long exhausted. That lasted about 5 years and now that is gone. I cannot save on these poor wages to make it up but at least we aren't continually going into the hole. The bills were relentless, even though we cut back as much as we could. But enough of that. It will be just great to see what happens, and I don't think it will be in their favor. They probably have it figured out to send all the work to India, but what about those hospitals who don't want their work to go to India? What if Trump finds out that medical records are being done in India and says, "no more?" And lastly, it's not going to take very much longer (5 years is my guess) for American transcriptionists to start leaving, either through retirement or through getting a better job, of which just about any job is a "better job." Hope these MTSOs have thought of that!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)