Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

I would not be so frustrated with the doctors if... - dnr

Posted: Jan 15th, 2017 - 8:14 pm

I didn't have this minimum 165 lph hanging over my head. It is basically the same as I used to do before the days of bizarre (high) minimum lph. I used to have patience and was not disturbed by accommodating the dictators. I used to be able to talk to the dictators and let them know the problems I had with their dictation practices and 99% of them complied with and welcomed the input. Nowadays, I get agitated every time I doctor just sits there and reads a chart (used to be a break for my fingers), or changes his mind, etc. It was all in a day's work.

I just want to do a good job, but I don't have time to do it as meticulously as I used to. A lot of blanks now where I used to not have blanks because I had time to research and double check. A darn good percentage of my blanks are basically due to self preservation involving numbers. Some are because I don't have the time to fuss over trying to figure out if the doctor is changing his mind, especially as I have had to make so many ASR corrections that I have lost track of the doctor's train of thought, even sometimes having to re-read the report to remember exactly what is going on and where the dictator is probably headed, basic things we used to be able to do uninterrupted.

Sadly, hopefully, I will be out of here really soon, never to be an MT again. This used to be a line of work that I did not dread starting my shift each day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)