Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Why be so hateful? People live in small towns and it is not easy - to pack up and move. SM

Posted: Jan 14th, 2017 - 5:10 pm In Reply to: Then do something about it - quit MT and find a better job - sm

I really wish some of you people would get that through your heads - IT IS NOT EASY TO PACK UP AND MOVE.

Maybe you'd like to start a fund page for MTs to be able to move to bigger metro areas for jobs?

I recently moved from a very small area to a larger one. I was lucky. I found a place to rent without a deposit required, I only paid rent and walked in. This took me about a week. After I had made multiple phone calls to other ads and received barely any responses. People are lazy, they dont take ads down once the place is rented.

A trailer cost me well over $100 to haul my stuff including my computer work stations. Gas money for all the trips combined including the trip over here to interview with the landlord was over $200. Had to go 40 miles away to even get a U-haul trailer and run that back to the small town where I lived.

Boxes needed to buy, there were none available from local stores.

Deposits on a new place to live? Estimate about 700 to 1000 easy, more if you have to pay deposits on utilities.

Better have at least 500-1000 for any unexpected costs. What if you have a flat tire on the interstate and need a tow truck?

Goodness forbid if you have a wreck, there's more money for hotels, medical bills, etc.

I was lucky to have someone help me pack and load the trailer the first time, and new landlord helped me unload it here.

So keep that in mind the next time you throw that spiteful taunt of "Get Out of MT."

But then again, you're going to start that fund page, right? So everyone's expenses are covered?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)