Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Just walked out of a meeting with the Winscribe rep! - So Done!

Posted: Jan 13th, 2017 - 1:32 pm

I am a lead transcriptionist at a smaller rural hospital where we have a staff of six MTs who do straight transcription.  We are one of the few hospitals in the midwest that have NOT outsourced our transcription department.  We have an administrator who is very old fashion and doesn't like to deal with technology.  His motto is if ain't broke, don't fix it.  I agree.

Winscribe is dictation/transcription platform and we type directly into the EMR.  We have never used voice recognition.  The Winscribe rep wanted a meeting to pitch the VR package he thinks we should buy.  My boss asked that I sit in on the meeting with her, the IT manager, and the administrator.  The Winscribe rep started his meeting by addressing the adminstrator's concerns about cost effectiveness by saying "How many transcriptionists do you have on staff right now?"  He then launched into how much money can be saved by firing most of the MTs and implenting VR.  Of course he didn't say "firing."  He called it paring down, cutting costs, etc.

I don't think he realized he had an actual MT sitting the room.  I stood up, said you're talking about people's jobs, and left the meeting.  I was disgusted.  My supervisor called me into her office after the meeting and said the administrator isn't interested in purchasing the VR package and that I shouldn't worry about anything and I shouldn't worry the rest of my coworkers either.

Call me crazy, but I'm worried.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)